As a transfer applicant, you have already completed college-level coursework at another college or university, and you appreciate the benefits of higher education. We think you’ll like it here.
Transfer students are a large and thriving part of Vermont Tech, and we are ready to help you navigate the process of joining our community. Our admissions staff is accustomed to sorting out transfer issues and concerns, so if you have a question, please let us know.
As a transfer applicant, you need to submit the following items:
- Completed Vermont Tech Application or Common Application
- $47 application fee
- Official high school transcript or official scores from a high school equivalency exam (GED), unless you already have an associate degree or higher
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges previously attended, whether seeking transfer credit or not.
- Official transcript(s) from any other Vermont State College attended prior to the 2002 summer term
- Unofficial transcripts may be used to make an initial admission decision for all majors except nursing
- Personal Essay (250-500 words; discuss your motivation for pursuing a college degree at Vermont Tech, or write about a topic of your choice)
Please note: If you are applying for one of our Healthcare programs, there are a few additional application requirements.