Electrical Engineering Technology (AE)
- Type of Degree: Associate of Engineering (AE)
- Location: Williston Campus, Randolph Center Campus
- Program Accreditation: Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Credit Requirements: 64
Systems as different as computers, cell phones, smart grids, and wind turbines all employ similar tech. With a degree in Electrical Engineering Technology you will understand the concepts behind these systems and many others. Our labs have the instruments, power supplies, and controllers used widely in the industry.
Engineering technicians are an important piece of the puzzle. They work in research, development, design, production, or manufacturing of complex electrical, electronic, or electromechanical products. Testing, quality control, marketing, installation, and customer service are among the jobs available.
Like a challenge? Classes are scheduled for students to get a dual major in Computer Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology. With a two-year associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, you can go the extra mile by pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, or Business Technology & Management.
The ABET-ETAC program educational objectives and student outcomes are listed on the Curriculum page.
The Program Educational Objectives for graduates of the Associate of Engineering in Electrical Engineering Technology program include:
- Having the capability to be immediately employable and productive in the workplace
- Possessing qualifications for positions of responsibility based on knowledge of necessary skills
- Demonstrating knowledgeable in both theory and application
- Engaging in lifelong learning and adapting to new and emerging technologies
- Continuing their formal education
The Student Outcomes are for a graduate with an Associate of Engineering in Electrical Engineering Technology to be able to:
- Apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of Electrical Engineering Technology to narrowly defined engineering technology activities
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to electrical engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge
- Conduct standard tests and measurements and conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments related to electrical engineering technology
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team
- Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined engineering technology problems
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments and identify and use appropriate technical literature
- Understand the need for and engage in self-directed continuing professional development
- Understand and commit to addressing professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity
- Commit to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement
The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Careers in Electrical Engineering Technology
2016 Median Pay (Electrical & Electronics Engineers) vs. National Median for All occupations (2016), Source: BLS
- IBM GLOBAL FOUNDRIES
- UTC Aerospace Systems Nanya Technology Corporation
- Hallam-ICS Husky Injection Molding
- Catamount Research & Development
- Instrumart Benoit Electric
- IBM Schiring Radiographic Imaging
- US. Army
- Optical Test & Fault Isolation ESD Lab Technician
- Maintenance Technician Equipment Technician
- Engineering Technician Physical Design Engineer
- Instrument Technician Electrical Engineer Technician
- Application Engineer Operator
News & Events
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.